Monday, January 08, 2007

Late night phone calls

Last night I received a text message from a friend. "Havin an amazin but hard god moment. pray 4 me." So I responded, and she called. And we talked for over two hours.

I was on the phone with my friend from Cali. It's really interesting to witness what God is doing in her life. I loathe the conversations where my friends are crying so hard that I cannot understand their words any longer out of self-pity and a desire to have their ears tickled. But I love the conversations where my friends are crying so hard that I cannot understand their words but I hear their hearts crying out for the Lord...to heal their hurts, to deliver them from temptation, to give them the strength that is needed to follow Him.

As she was weeping, all I could tell her is that she is right where God wants her. In a small world. In a tough situation. In the crucible. In the middle of the fire.

I wanted to catch a flight to Cali. I actually had a dream that I caught the plane. I wanted to tell her to walk away from the pain, to do something to numb the pain.

But, that would have been a soulish, worldly response. The godly response is to lead her to the foot of the cross, to allow the stripes He endured to heal those deep wounds.

Maybe I am called to do this thing for which God signed me up. It seems to be so.

1 comment:

Chill Pastor said...

You are going to Seminary to specialize in Pastoral Counseling....It's sounds like God knows what He is doing......Keep being a blessing to those that God puts into your path...

blessings from Georgia...

chill