Thursday, October 05, 2006

I've been absolutely amazed and blown away by the journey that God and I have been walking over the past few days. I went to a meeting to support a friend, and out of that meeting I made some pretty important decision. With those decisions have bubbled many ideas that I forgot were hidden away in my heart. Yesterday I listened to a Catalyst podcast in which Mark Batterson from the National Community Church in Washington, DC was interviewed. As I listened to him speak, I found myself taking three pages of notes. Listening to him and other leaders speak has become more of a brainstorming session than an informational session.

It will be very interesting to see where this road leads. I'm currently in the process of looking into seminary. There are almost too many options considering my tunnel vision on the topic for the past three years. I want to be able to work and live in the Southern NJ/Philadelphia area so that I can still attend and be a part of what is going on in my home church. I've found a place that is everything I've dreamed church could be but never thought it could be, and, quite frankly, I don't want to leave. I can't imagine why God would have brought me here only to take me away. But I digress on a topic that needs prayer, not public display.

Gordon Conwell-great school. beautiful campus. my first choice for the past few years. it has a distance learning program that i will learn more about today when I call to ask questions.
Liberty University-pastor is an alumni (a) (us)-obviously I didn't take Latin in high school. anyway. it has a great distance learning program which would allow me to study, work and minister in my home church while earning my MDiv.
Princeton Theological Seminary-it is Princeton. What's not to love in that alone? I have a friend who graduated from PTS and loved it. only negative, I'd have to live on campus. it is not commuter-friendly. though that may be a good thing as well.

So, there's life in a nutshell.

No comments: