Thursday, January 18, 2007

Housekeeping/Administrative stuff


Gidday, mates! (Been watching the Australian open...I love tennis!!!!) Anyway...


I have this unexplainable need to be organized as of late. Last night I spent about a lot of time organizing my email folders. Today I tackled the blogroll. I have become a blogrolling packrat...whenever I find a resource (blog, website, etc) that I find interesting, helpful, informative, I have been blogrolling it. So, today I took the time to organize my findings.


There are now three categories into which I will file my blogs. The categories are for my own sanity more than anything. My priority reading (when I am finally working full time and going to school full time and actively involved in ministry) will be the Friends & Family blogs.


Friends and Family

These are the blogs of people that I actually know and have met/talked with face to face. These blogs I check pathologically. (If you don't believe me, you can ask those who have sitemeter! I've been coined a "blog stalker" by one person...all in good fun, of course. Or at least I think it was...haha) These people are the people with whom I am walking out my life. I laugh with these people and cry with these people and am actively a part of their lives. If you want to get to know me, read these blogs. These are the people who are helping to shape me into me.


Church Planters & Church Plants

These are the blogs of people who are in the process of planting churches or who have planted churches. I read these blogs fequesntly, if not daily. I've become quite passionate about church planting and learning everything I can about the topic. I value learning by experience as much as learning by the book. I've learned a lot of what to do (and not to do) by reading these blogs over the past few months.


Leadership & Resources

This one is pretty self-explanatory. I don't necessarily check these blogs everyday, but when I do I glean leadership "tools" that I have found helpful.

No comments: