Thursday, November 02, 2006

If you gonna join a cult, at least join a fun one.

This morning I listened to sermon from Mars Hill Church in Seattle. Mark Driscoll said, "Hey, if you gonna join a cult, at least join a fun one. Like the nudist arsonist cult in Canada. They get high on mushrooms, get naked and set things on fire. How fun does that sound?!" I needed a good laugh, and now I have something that will stick with me for EVER.

Last night was tough. The death of Marie was not difficult. She's dancing and praising with Jesus. I'm a bit jealous. The toughest part was a kind word spoken too late. I'm not ready to write about it. I need to process. I don't want to write out of hurt. I want to write in the process of healing. Especially about a topic as sensitive as this.

So, I lived. I'm hurting, but I survived.

No comments: