Friday, October 06, 2006

Vintage Faith Cafe

I just went to pasta night at our college/career ministry. Wow...talk about sensory overload. I was pretty much the only "outsider" aka the only person who has not been a part of the group for the past 10 years. I cannot recall the last time I laughed so hard. I think that these are people with whom I can be friends...hopefully long term. I can honestly see myself having coffee with Cindy in 20 years, looking back, smiling fondly thinking about our memories. It is my prayer that this is more than a pipe dream, but a reality. We're going to chat about different ways and different things to do with the group to help facilitate growth and to keep the group interesting. In many ways, I feel totally out of touch with early 20 somethings, though my life right now looks much like I am 21 instead of 31. But...suddenly...haha. I'm so over the suddenly references right now. I'd just like something to happen. But that is a whole other blog. I believe that tonight began a friendship...I really need friends my age who are successful...at being themselves. Authenticity is the word of the week.

No comments: