Saturday, October 07, 2006

Question

Last night was awesome, but it left me a bit....frustrated? angry? perplexed? I should begin by mentioning that it is not the people with whom I spent time that had me feeling such a mixed salad of emotions. It is what is going on in other churches that has me...ARGHHH.

I have a question that I need answered. It is not really a question that can be answered. I would like to know how midget tossing relates at all to church life, let alone how it represents God. Why not start sacrificing chickens? How about selling some snake oil? For the life of me, I cannot wrap my head around this idea. How does this teach college and career kids how Jesus would relate to a midget? How does this reflect any of God's character? What is the purpose of objectifying and marginalizing a group of people who are already seen as less than?

What I would like to know even further is this. Knowing that this is occuring in a church, would you want your name attached to this church? How can this be planned, and how can 500 people remain silent?

I am literally crawling out of my skin right now. I want to call the pastors, their accountability board, the press. But...I don't want all Christians to look like fools because of one group of foolish people. So...with that, I will hold my silence, seeking God, asking Him for His counsel. I do have contacts at Fox News if He would like me to call. But, if He requests, requires my silence on this topic, I shall remain silent.

No comments: