Tuesday, January 16, 2007

My first book?


Well, I believe that I may have written much of the first chapter (not chronologically...but the first in a group of chapters) that will become a book. The topic came to me while I was watching the movie The Pursuit of Happyness. It is going to be about life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness...probably minus the Lockean rhetoric. Or, if I feel all smart and stuff, I'll add it. Just to feel as if the hundreds of dollars that I paid for the Intellectual Heritage class came in useful.

I even have goals written out for the book, and have chosen the target audience.

I'm not willing to share the copy raw, but once I get it edited to a form that will not make all of my English professors sick, I'll share bits and pieces. I'll probably ask some for their opinions--ie would you read this book, does it sound like a second grader wrote the book--so if you are interested in sharing your opinion and giving your advice, let me know.

I can't believe that I actually am posting this.

I have to thank Colleen for her encouragement. She's been kicking me in the butt about this for quite a while now.

1 comment:

Colleen said...

So stinkin' proud of you! Can I come to your first book signing? Looking forward to watching this process unfold as you share the genius that is you with the world.