Monday, December 11, 2006

Heart on sleeve

Yesterday was one of the most emotional days I've had in a long time. Seeing so many people who walked out of captivity made me so happy that all I could do was cry.

I noticed something. When you are in a place of freedom--freedome to be the person that God has created you to be, there is a greater capacity for love. Or--and this is probably correct as well--the healing that has occured has given me a greater ability to love.

You see, before this healing occured, as I was striving for perfection and to fit into some rapidly changing mould, people in general annoyed me. I mean really annoyed me. The people who really weren't trying--in my mind--drove me bonkers. I was so isolated in group think that I didn't see other people struggling. I didn't see others' pain because mine was so intense that I was completely blinded.

But now. Now. Glorious now. I see people, and I love them so much that it hurts. It makes me cry. Cry through smiles. Cry through hugs. Cry out of the pure joy that is welling up in my heart.

No comments: