Monday, October 30, 2006

Arrogance

I promise that this will be the last blog for the day.

Tonight I got a call from my insider at a local new network. I asked her to warn me when specific people were featured on the news. So, sure enough, tonight I got the call. Apparently someone is claiming credit for the crime rate in Camden dropping. The city has dropped from 1st to 3rd on the list. I'll grant that God is doing some awesome things in the city. However, I cannot imagine claiming credit for something that is so obviously an act of God, not an act of man.

God is so amazing. He is truly working in the lives of so many people. I've been talking to a lot of people. There are so many people who are searching for meaning in life, for something, a sign, an action, a smile, a hug, a handshake, anything to prove that there is someone who cares. For that I give that pastor credit. That church is definitely out in the community doing good works. I miss being out in the city every Saturday just chatting with people, sweeping, handing out bread, boggling the minds of the police officers. But, I don't miss the tv cameras following me, recording my every move. I'd rather God see what I am doing than all of the Philadelphia market. There were no cameras this past Sunday. No major news networks were covering the trick or treating in the obscure park in an obscure township. But you know what? I cannot recall a day that I had more fun. God was in the park yesterday. We all know it. And we cannot take credit for it. And we do not want to take credit for it. 'Cause we're living for a cause.

No comments: